John Shield, musical director and founder member of local Jersey charity ' Jersey Vocal Trust' introduced Sharon to classical vocal tutor Jane Highfield soon after Sharon appeared as Eva Peron at Jersey Opera House in 2003. The charity strives to bring high caliber tutors across to Jersey to help develop the musical ability of local people and ensure local musical talent is nourished.
As a result of this Sharon would like to thank John for this introduction and other doors it has opened to her:-
- Jane Highfield GRSM, LRAM- tutor - for the classical development of her voice.
- No Strings Attached - local string quartet for various wedding gigs.
- Canon Geoff Houghton & Choir Master Nick Cabot - for performances at Holy Trinity Church and associated events.
- Local Funeral Directors - trusting that 'voice' helps make an occasion 'special'.
- All the beautiful brides & grooms & those renewing their vowels that it has been an honour to sing for.
- Here's a small few of popular classical works requested.
Ave Maria (Schubert)
Pie Jesu (Faure)
Ave Maria (Bach/Gounod)
Panis Andelicus (Franck)
Ave Maria (Caccini)
MAKE AN ENQUIRY HERE
O Mio Babbino Caro (Puccini)
Song To The Moon (Dvorak)
Vissi D'arte (Puccini)
Ave Maria (Michal Lorenc)